Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology supports us throughout the design process, making better design decisions, improving building performance and allowing more effective collaboration across the entire project lifecycle.
Our experience in BIM, by using Autodesk Revit Architecture, Revit MEP and Revit Structure, has enabled us to be clear about our approach and the benefits it brings planning design data. This level of interoperability allows the entire project team to view the impact of their individual design decisions and to resolve managing conflicts.
We believe BIM is the most up-to-date tool that allows to efficiently face the challenges of nowadays Architecture and Construction industry. The world of construction has already changed and the needed skills are moving towards the digital evolution of design coordination. Our effort is to be on top of the latest innovations and cut-off the level of excellence on time.
The impulse driving us developing the BIM department inside our company is to adapt our workflow to the digital evolution of the design coordination.
The BIM technologies and infrastructures let us solve and enhance the specific lacks of time efficiency, resource management and design changes of our organization, overtaking the crucial issues of traditional workflow in:
- Multiple disciplines coordination: gathering information, make changes
- Time schedule and cost optimisation: task prioritization and time optimization
- Clash and complex geometry management: manual human errors due to task-repetitiveness on large scale projects
- Building Lifecycle management
Our experienced BIM Manager leads the BIM Implementation Department, composed of 5 highly skilled BIM coordinators and over 15 multidisciplinary BIM Specialists, in working on several design projects, collaborating with more than 20 teams.
Our BIM Implementation Department operates fitting a framework that allows us to manage the whole building life cycle. It is made of two primary components:
- license visualization of the BIM model to all stakeholders;
- access BIM model remotely from any device;
- work in flexible BIM teams simultaneously in different locations;
- BIM manual to coordinate: teamwork collaboration, operations and tasks, tutorial and coaching;
- templates & standards;
- database of parametric families.
Our BIM framework works by joining the inputs received from all the figures included in the design process (CAD drawings, survey, analysis, brief) into a bidirectional interoperable digital model which can be queried obtaining the outputs expected for each project delivery (drawings, schedules, timesheets).
Our BIM Framework can be applied in 2 different design fields:
- Architectural projects: large scale projects where is relevant to pay attention to the management of all the disciplines involved (architecture, structure, MEP, roof and facade).
- Concept Adaptation: workflow optimization and template developing in order to automatize the space planning design of small scale projects.
- Masterplanning: coordination of complex large scale models nesting single housing prototypes into building families.
- Restitution: 3D digital modelling of existing assets.
- Population: addition in the digital model of parameters containing all the assets’ information.
- Renovation: development of building renovation project starting from a complete knowledge of the existing conditions.